Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) on 19 Jan 2018 officially announced the introduction of its new initiative – eCCRIS, a secure online platform for the public to access their own Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) report, anywhere at their convenience. This service is provided for free and is available nationwide.
The CCRIS report shows the financing and repayment history of a borrower with participating financial institutions over the past 12 months. It does not provide an assessment of a borrower’s credit standing. It is therefore a factual report and is not a blacklist.
eCCRIS is an extension of Bank Negara Malaysia’s efforts to promote the financial well-being of all Malaysians by encouraging prudent financial management. With eCCRIS, the public can now access their personal CCRIS reports online via the eCCRIS website. eCCRIS provides a convenient online tool for users to monitor and verify their personal credit standing, including their loan repayment history. Users will also be able to lodge data verification requests directly via eCCRIS to participating financial institutions to verify and correct any inaccuracies identified in their CCRIS report. With eCCRIS, users can stay on top of their finances.
Today I walked in to Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) at Melaka Branch to perform the one-time registration.
At the office, there is a friendly staff helping me to register at their Kiosk, I just need to take out MyKad for verification purpose and provide my mobile phone number, to get a 6-digit PIN that will send to my mobile phone via SMS.
You can also follow the below 5 easy steps provided by BNM website:
1. Walk-in to any Bank Negara Malaysia office or Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) branch nationwide to perform a one-time registration.
2. At the CCRIS kiosk, individuals will need to verify their identity using MyKad, and register a valid mobile phone number. For businesses, an authorisation letter and company registration certificates are required for an authorised person to register on behalf of the company.
3. A 6-digit PIN will be sent to the registered mobile phone number.
4. Users are required to key in their MyKad number and 6-digit PIN for first-time login at https://eccris.bnm.gov.my
5. The user will then be required to (i) set preferred user ID and password, (ii) select personal security image and phrase, and (iii) set three security questions and answers.
For further information on the registration of eCCRIS, the public may call BNM TELELINK at 1300 88 5465.
To receive more news update, you may want to join my FREE mailing list, just key in your Name and Email at the below form