Last Wednesday, on 14.05.2014, I was invited by Hill+Knowlton Strategies to attend a Media Preview Event at Bangsar South.
To be more specific, that was an event to preview Connexion@Nexus, Bangsar South and to experience the best of its kind operations and services from the team of UOA Hospitality.
Details of the event are as below:-
Date: Wednesday, 14th May 2014
Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Venue: Level 3A, Continuum Function Room, Connexion@Nexus
No.7, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
By the way, I’m representative of Malaysia Real Estate Blog – Jeffery Lam attending to this event
UOA Group, Malaysia’s leading property developer ventures into hospitality with its debut of Connexion@Nexus in Bangsar South. Spearheaded by its subsidiary UOA Hospitality, Connexion@Nexus was built in mind to spur the growth of Malaysia’s MICE industry through providing an alternative solution with the rising demands for a central venue in the long-run.
Connexion@Nexus consists of a dynamic team of hosts and excellent facilities built for the community linking businesses, interests and lifestyle occasions. Located within Bangsar South City, this hidden gem is placed at the highest level of Nexus where it offers ideal space for corporate functions, conferences, weddings, cocktail receptions, private dinners and seminars which cater to daily expediencies, including the time demands of city dwellers, traffic congestion and limited parking spaces.
According to Anita Khoo, Head of UOA Hospitality, the idea behind the development of Connexion@Nexus was to provide an opportunity for the community to come together in a strategically nestled location between Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur city centre and Petaling Jaya for all kinds of activities including business, social and leisure.
“Our intention was really to offer an alternative venue for our surrounding community — be it for corporate, social or private settings and to cater to any capacity. Connexion@Nexus is designed to offer a venue operated by our professional banquet team that delivers the best service complemented by our top-notch facilities,” she continued.
By the way, I found that there are still lots of people who doesn’t know where is Bangsar South. Let me explain a little bit here.
Bangsar South is an integrated property development project in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The ongoing 60-acre development is undertaken by UOA Holdings Berhad, who had acquired the land once known as Kampung Kerinchi (Kerinchi Village) back in 2005. The site is located near close to Menara Telekom and the Mid Valley Megamall, between Kuala Lumpur city and Petaling Jaya. Other notable landmarks in the vicinity include the Angkasapuri building and the University of Malaya. [Source from Wikipedia]
Connexion @ Nexus in Bangsar South is an entire floor located at Level 3A, dedicated to all your banqueting, conference, wedding, function, seminar and auditorium needs complete with state-of-the-art facilities.
What’s available for your usage:-
1. Function Rooms
- 4 function rooms (Spectrum, Prism, Continuum & Reflexion)
– Contemporary design
– Suitable for more private events such as seminar, talk and corporate luncheon
– With over 250 seating capacity
- 1 auditorium with 297-seater
– Complete with cutting edge sound and light system
– Suitable for plenary session or theatre production
– Excellent space for the creative arts, music and corporate conference
- 3 pillarless grand ballrooms with high ceilings
– Nexus 1, 2 and 3
– Suitable for larger scale events, banquets, and even weddings
– Three ballrooms can be combined into the Grand Nexus Ballroom with over 2,600 in seatings
Seating Capacity At A Glance:-
• Free car park
• Business centre with Hot Spot
• WiFi Connectivity
• Digital Whiteboard
• Audio-visual equipment
• Theme weddings
Activities during the Media Preview:-
1. Refreshment served and fun childhood games commence
2. Networking with UOA Hospitality staffs and media
3. Walkabout the venue and Auditorium
4. Surprise LIVE Performance by Juwita Suwito at Auditorium
5. Arrival at Ballroom and speech by Anita Khoo, Head of Hospitality, UOA Hospitality
6. Photo shooting session in front of the Ballroom
7. Surprise lunch with Nemo theme lighting and setup inside the Ballroom
8. Media Q&A
9. Enjoying lunch with media and UOA Hospitality staffs
10. Showcasing the function rooms with different setup
1. Free group photo with Connexion @ Nexus photo frame
2. Free photo print for me and Juwita Suwito
On the ground and first floor, there are plenty of restaurants available (local, japanese, korean, western foods and many more).
I heard there will be hotel suites available soon, now under construction, located just right opposite of Nexus. When it is completed, expecting more people will stay in the hotel and have their events organized in Connexion@Nexus.
Who knows one day I might invite you to attend my presentation or property talk here at Connexion@Nexus function rooms or even better inside the auditorium
All the best and well done UOA Hospitality!
For further enquiries on Connexion @ Nexus, please contact UOA Hospitality:
Address: No. 7, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
General Line: 03 – 2386 9188
Fax: 03 – 2386 9199
One of the Person In Charge: Miss Jessica (the other day sit beside me during lunch)