Kuala Lumpur, 17 October 2014 - The face of Jalan Sultan Ismail now has a prestigious new landmark – Quill City Mall. Set to be a major shopping, dining, entertainment and leisure outlet for locals and tourists alike, the new 8-storey icon in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle is touted to be unlike any other development of its kind in the country.
The mall is scheduled for opening on Saturday, October 18, 2014, bearing significance to its lot number – Lot 1018, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.
Quill City Mall comes as part of a greater project by Quill Group which includes a residential building and a proposed hotel. With these integrated components, the Quill City development is well poised to becoming the next big thing in the heart of Kuala Lumpur for living, shopping and working.
The project is part of an urban regeneration initiative that lends the surrounding vicinity a vibrant space, animated and activated by everyday people, while providing a sparkling new ambience to its vicinity.
“One of the main challenges when planning this project was creating an intelligent and dynamic space for a retail, dining, entertainment and leisure mix that caters to the varied needs of all patrons. Armed with a specialized knowledge of the Malaysian market through past projects, we developed an understanding of targeted mall shoppers, and truly achieved what we set out to do,” says Dato’ Michael Ong, Group Executive Director of the Quill Group of Companies.
Quill City Mall capitalises on its location in a prime catchment area of middle to upper income groups. It also serves as an attractive and convenient hub for those staying in the surrounding hotels and as well as those working in buildings within the area.
Ease of access and connectivity via a network of roads, highways and public transportation amenities, complemented by entry and exit points and well developed infrastructure also extends the mall’s reach to surrounding neighbourhoods within the greater Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley vicinities. Moreover, Quill City Mall is accessible via the Medan Tuanku monorail station, which is connected to levels 2 and 3 of the mall by an air-conditioned linked bridge.
Featuring a diverse list of tenants from plethora categories, just about anyone and everyone will be spoilt for choice at Quill City Mall. Anchor tenant AEON – with its first premier department store in the city centre – boasts a unique food market to cater even to the most discerning of appetites, as will 44 F&B outlets housed across seven floors within the mall’s perimeter. This includes the soon-to-be opened flagship outlet of Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse.
Meanwhile mini anchor H&M, which has officially introduced its ninth store in Malaysia at Quill City Mall will also be featuring its Homes division. GSC cinemas with its ten-screen cinema halls, Food Junction, Original Classics and Best Denki are expected to open soon.
Other notable brands that will also be opening soon are Guess, Apple Concept Store and many more exciting new brands to cater to the discerning shoppers.
Boasting 770,000 square feet of retail space, Quill City Mall’s unique features include:-
• The first-ever sky alfresco dining experience in Malaysia, with breathtaking views of the surrounding cityscape.
• Ample parking spread over three levels which features a special ladies’ parking section, while the car park monitoring system makes it a breeze looking for a parking space.
• A specially designed roof made of multi-coloured glass and opaque panels to maximize natural lighting. The roof complements the overall aesthetics of the mall, with the effect of a floating cloud above the alfresco terrace, setting a refreshing scene for patrons as they shop and dine.
• A large skylight allowing natural light into the indoor space during the day, while providing an ambient glow by night. This promotes energy conservation by eliminating the need for additional lighting.
• Easy mobility of visitors within the mall’s premises. Quill City Mall’s shopping, dining and entertainment outlets are strategically organized and connected by ample escalators and lifts.
• The mall’s frontage contains a facade which is the longest in the country at over 200 metres, created to complement the surrounding commercial area and neighbourhood to complete Kuala Lumpur’s thriving city centre.
• Visible from all areas of the mall is another first in Malaysia – a floating media pod in the form of a 2 level space that projects live broadcast of events, advertising and promotions, creating different moods within the mall, while helping to bring the extended community together with shoppers through exciting events and initiatives.
• Every weekend, shoppers can look forward to exciting performances and entertainment at the concourse area while those who spend RM150 and above in not more than two receipts from any outlets can redeem a special gift until Jan 1, 2015 or while stocks last.
About Quill Group of Companies
Founded in 1987, Quill is one of the leading fully-integrated multidisciplinary property groups in Malaysia, with an in-house team of architects, engineers, space planners, interior designers and builders.
The Group is known for its ‘Branded Tenant Mix’ with major MNCs such as BP, IBM, HSBC, BMW and DHL as anchor tenants in its large portfolio of investment-grade buildings.
In 2007, Quill together with CapitaLand of Singapore established Quill Capita Trust, a main board listed REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust).
Quill has received peer recognition and awards for its work in property and development industries. Quill 7, the Group’s 30 storey high-end office tower located in KL Sentral, was the winner of Office Category, FIABCI (International Real Estate Federation) Malaysia Property Award 2010. The same was awarded to Quill 6, the new HSBC Bank Headquarters at Lebuh Ampang KL in 2011. Quill 6 also received the FIABCI Prix d’ Excellence Award 2013.
Quill has successfully diversified its business to encompass luxury automotive (BMW and Rolls-Royce Motorcars), healthcare (Quill Orthopaedic Specialist Centre) and now the retail mall sector.
Follow me for more exciting property news update, just enter your name and email at the below form.